Laser Hair Removal
Laser Hair reduction is a non-invasive light therapy specifically designed to eliminate undesired hair from all parts of the body. The laser generates a pulse of intense, concentrated light which is gently applied to the treatment site through a small, cooled hand piece.
This laser energy passes through the skin to the hair follicle and is absorbed by pigment in the hair shaft and hair follicle. Because it is pigment-specific, it causes selective damage to the hair root without damaging delicate pores and structures of the skin. The laser is pulsed for only a fraction of a second hence, excessive heat is not transferred to the surrounding skin.
Each of your hair follicles is in one of 3 stages of growth at any given time. The "active growth" (anagen) phase, "regressive" (catagen) phase, and "resting" (telogen) phase. The laser is most effective at destroying the hair in "anagen" phase.
It is during anagen that the hair shaft contains the greatest abundance of melanin, the target of the laser light and has the active growth cells. Only 20-25% of our hair follicles are in anagen stage at any point in time. This is why more than one treatment is required. The length of growth cycle also varies slightly by body area. Generally its 4-6 weeks for the face and 6-8 weeks for the body. Most people require a minimum of 6 -8 treatments for a desired result. Your Laser Hair Reduction treatment plan will be customized to obtain best results.
Hair Removal Pre Treatment Procedures
Before any laser treatment you must avoid sun exposure, tanning beds and tanning creams for approximately 2-4 weeks prior to treatment and refrain from using these products ™ trentinoin, Retin-A®, Accutane®, Differin®, Tazorac®, Avage®, EpiDuo or Ziana®throughout the course of the remaining treatments.Shave the area that is to be treated 24 hrs prior to the appointment to ensure a clean hairless surface. Thick overlaying hair, if not shaved, will absorb the laser energy and superficial thermal injury can occur. The area to be treated must be shaved by the client prior to treatment.
Please note that once the decision has been made to begin laser hair removal treatments, you are no longer allowed to tweeze, wax, or use hair removal creams in between treatment. If absolutely necessary you may only shave the area to be treated.
- Pacemaker or internal defibrillator
- Accutane (or other oral retinoids) within the last 6 months
- History of keloid scaring
- Any abnormal or undiagnosed pigmentations
- Atypical moles of malignancy
- Laser resurfacing in treatment area within 3 months
- Any medical conditions involving impairment of skin structure, especially healing
- Poorly controlled Diabetes
- Medication that may cause photosensitivity to light 680-980 nm
- Nickel allergy
- Recent chemical or mechanical peel in treatment area (within 2 weeks)
- Wait 2 weeks before/after injectable or filler procedures in treatment area
Hair Removal Post Treatment Guidelines
Makeup may be used immediately after the procedure, unless there is epidermal blistering. It is recommended that you use newly purchased makeup to reduce the possibility of infection. Older makeup may contain bacteria that may have been developed over time and continuous use.
If the treated area looks infected and/or tenderness is obviously present, please contact the office, as a stronger antibiotic may be needed.
Avoid sun exposure to reduce the chances of hyper-pigmentation. If exposed by necessity, you should use adequate sunscreen (SPF 30 or greater) at all times throughout the course of the treatment.
Avoid picking or scratching the treated skin. Do not use any other hair removal products or similar treatments (waxing, electrolysis, tweezing, depilatory creams) that will disturb the hair removal treatment. You may shave the area 3-5 days after the procedure if there is no crusting or scabbing.
Anywhere from 5-14 days after the treatment, shedding of the surface hair may occur and this may appear to look like new hair growth. This is NOT new hair growth. You can clean and remove the hair by washing or wiping the area with a wet cloth or loofah sponge.
There are no restrictions on bathing except that you must treat the skin gently, as if you had sunburn, for the first 24 hours.
Current Available Packages
Choose from Four Options
- C$95 for one year of unlimited laser hair-removal treatments on one body part (up to a C$1,350 value)
- C$179 for one year of unlimited laser hair-removal treatments on two body parts (up to a C$2,700 value)
- C$269 for one year of unlimited laser hair-removal treatments on three body parts (up to a C$4,050 value)
- C$349 for one year of unlimited laser hair-removal treatments on four body parts (up to a C$5,400 value)
- VALID BODY PARTS (logan this should be done as a highlighted pop up as you would see on a groupon ad)
One Body Part
- Both Feet Including Toes
- Both Lower Legs
- Both Knees
- Both Upper Legs
- Lower Back
- Upper Back
- Both Lower Arm
- Both Upper Arm
- Stomach Line
- Aereola (Breast)
- Both Hands Including fingers
- Upper Lip
- Side Burns
- Bikini Line
- Under Arms
Two Body Parts
- Full Stomach
- French Bikini
Three Body Parts
- Brazilian Bikini
- Brazilian Integral
- Full Legs (Not Including Bikini or Feet)
- Full Back (Not Including Neck or Bum)
- Full Chest & Stomach
Four Body Parts
- Brazilian & Bikini, Integral
|Woman's Hair Removal||Price|
|Abs + Chest||$150.00|
|Brazilian & Anal||$160.00|
|Half Body (Lower)||$450.00|
|Half Body (Upper)||$375.00|
|Legs & Bikini||$350.00|
|Upper Lip & Chin||$57.50|
|Whole Body||Starting at $650.00+|
|Men's Hair Removal||Price|
|Full Back & Chest||$450.00|
|Half Body (Lower)||$550.00|
|Half Body (Upper)||$240.00|
|Whole Body||Starting at $750.00 +|